Out of the mouths of Babes

This don't have anything to do with women's fashion, but it is related to shopping and very dear to my heart...MY WoRLD actually...... 😯 Yesterday my son crawled up to me while I was in my laptop looking online at  Oldnavy for some clothes for him because I get most of his clothes from there. My baby looked at the computer and said "Mom, I'm handsome right?!". I was like " Of course baby, the most handsome little boy I know. Then he said, "...and I'm cool right?!" And I said. . The coolest. Then he said. "How come I never see anybody like me in the picture?". I said there's people like us, and showed him a couple black people in the website. Then he said...." No Mom, I mean like, with a wheelchair! ".😮😱🙏. I honestly didn't know what to say. I just told him that we don't see any now, but one day we will and we had a long talk about people in wheelchairs being the same as people who can walk...just as we had done many times before. I have always noticed how people look at my son differently , or assume that his is incapable of things because he is in a wheelchair, which is ridiculous. Just because he is unable to walk does not mean that he is any less intelligent, any less handsome, or has any less potential than someone who can walk. I hate that at such a young age, he is already feeling "different". I tell my son everyday he is perfect and special and he can do anything. This broke my heart tho , but like I told him at the end of our talk...maybe they didn't have nobody in a wheelchair in the picture cuz they haven't met u yet 👑 ...ur a Star babe!!!\




My son Joshua, 6 yrs old
he was born with End stage Renal disease and received a kidney
 transplant just before his 3rd birthday 


2 comments:

  1. Feeling different often comes with a bit of loneliness, maybe if he's older he will have a sense if others feel the same way too...we live in a judgemental society, there are many who have the same feeling just in another form and they won't look at him in a bad way... feeling different comes with many obstacles but it gives him the opportunity to become a wonderful young man with a heart. Stay strong little boy you are beautiful and amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always tell him that he was given his special "superpowers" so that one day he can help others who deal with the same things. He is not different, but special. It is the things about us that are unique that makes us special.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Good Friday

     The weekend is here and all I can think about is relaxing 😎.  My energy  level is on like -20 lately.  Between the weather, with all t...